The job in short
Backbase is looking for a UX Writer to partner with design, product, and engineering to shape great user experiences across the web, mobile, and other devices through content.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for building out our UX writing style, and also for creating content that delights, informs and guides users across our products.
You’ll deliver best in class design guidelines and documentation that enables external and internal clients to easily and rapidly accomplish Backbase projects.
Meet the job
Backbase is at the center of a global transformation in Digital Banking. As one of the largest providers of digital banking platforms and apps globally, you'll have the unique opportunity to create a global language for our widgets, mobile apps, and services that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
We aim to provide our customers with ‘Superior Experiences’ across our product portfolio and have a team of over 30 UI/UX designers and 5 dedicated UX Researchers supported by a mature Design System. As UX Writer, you’ll be working across the product portfolio, developing a global Tone of Voice and influencing user journey design using methodologies such as Conversation Design.
In cooperation with Product Management, you will also delineate the set of materials that you write and edit in cooperation with the R&D team supporting the portfolio and Design System. The structure and style you employ in your docs harmonize with all our technical documentation.
In your role, a self-supporting attitude is required, proactively sourcing relevant information from designers and software developers to create accurate content. While new features and functionalities added to our software create a great user experience, you have a major impact in assuring that these solutions are easy to adopt for an external user.
What you will be doing
● Write clear, consistent guidelines for UI Components, UX Patterns, Formats and other relevant content for Backbase Design System;
● Write inclusive product copy (onboarding, notifications, payment flows, error messages, empty states, and more);
● Create and help maintain user centric content guidelines that are in line with Backbase brand and with the technical documentation for our products;
● Develop messaging with an eye toward accessibility and localizing for different markets;
● Champion the value of UX writing among other teams at Backbase.
How about you?
● You are passionate about creating great content and can communicate your ideas clearly to those around you;
● You enjoy making the complex, simple;
● You have ambitions to help forge a design system based on best practices within a growing team;
● When we mention a getting-things-done mentality, you immediately recognise yourself;
● You can be relied upon to organise your own workload and deliver within given timelines;
● You are proactive self-learner, keeping your expert knowledge up to date.
Skills - Minimum requirements
● BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency, documentation or journalism;
● 3+ years of experience writing or editing for the web and mobile experiences;
● Experience in adapting and developing Brand Tone of Voice for omni-channel experiences;
● Excellent communication skills;
● Native fluency in written and verbal English;
● Portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created.
Really amazing if
● You have Conversation Design experience;
● You have experience with localization and accessibility best practices;
● You have experience with Design Systems, Design Guidelines and/or UI Components documentation;
● You have experience related to the Fintech market;
● You have experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites;
● You are familiar with user experience research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.