The job in short
An exciting opportunity for a talented UX Researcher to help shape the design of our most high profile global banking products.
Meet the job
An exciting role in a specialist team of dedicated UX Researchers. You’ll be working across the full spectrum of Product from prototyping to rollout (with our customers); answering some of the most challenging questions in Fintech.
Backbase is at the centre of a global transformation in Digital Banking. As one of the largest providers of digital banking platforms and apps globally, you'll have the unique opportunity to research and test widgets, mobile apps and services that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
Most importantly, you will be the voice of the user at Backbase. You'll need to be passionate about understanding what people want from their banks both now and in the future. We are looking for someone with a natural curiosity about how financial applications can better help human beings; you'll be tackling scenarios that really matter to people’s financial wellbeing.
You'll be conducting primary research; exploring the emotions, behaviours and motivations of our users, and then working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to create and build intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 25 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across the organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
While Amsterdam is HQ for Backbase, being onsite with our customers and meeting the users is essential. We work with our customers in Russia, South Africa, Europe, the Middle East and North and South America, so a valid passport and an ability to travel is a must have.
How about you?
• 2-5 years’ conducting user research within a UX team for software/digital products;
• Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research, business or related fields; for example, Information Design, Human Factors/HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences;
• Experience in financial applications/services or complex user journeys is highly desirable;
• Demonstrated knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices;
• Hands-on experience with various qualitative research methodologies: including in-person and remote moderated one-on-one sessions, card sorting, contextual inquiry, usability studies;
• Professional experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
Quantitative survey programming and analysis,
Managing and recruiting for a usability lab,
Developing and executing research with users of Clients/Customers (B2B2C).
Behavioural profiling and goal-driven design;
• Experience advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations;
• Excellent communication skills in English;
• Experience incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research;
• Working knowledge in guiding teams or customers to the right decision;
• In-depth knowledge in Accessibility.