- You have 2-5 years of experience conducting user research within a UX team for software/digital products;
- You have a Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research, business or related fields; for example, Information Design, Human Factors/HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences;
- Having experience in financial applications/services or complex user journeys is highly desirable;
- You have demonstrated knowledge of user-centred design principles and practices;
- You have hands-on experience with various qualitative research methodologies: including in-person and remote moderated one-on-one sessions, card sorting, contextual inquiry, and usability studies;
- Having professional experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- You have experience advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations;
- You have excellent communication skills in English;
- You have experience incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research;
- You have working knowledge in guiding teams or customers to the right decisions;
- You have in-depth knowledge of Accessibility.
- Managing and recruiting for a usability lab,
- Developing and executing research with users of Clients/Customers (B2B2C).
- Behavioural profiling and goal-driven design;
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Backbase is at the centre of a global transformation in Digital Banking. As one of the largest providers of digital banking platforms and apps globally, you'll have the unique opportunity to research and test widgets, mobile apps and services that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
Most importantly, you will be the voice of the user at Backbase. You'll need to be passionate about understanding what people want from their banks both now and in the future. We are looking for someone with a natural curiosity about how financial applications can better help human beings; you'll be tackling scenarios that really matter to people's financial wellbeing.
You'll conduct primary research; exploring the emotions, behaviours, and motivations of our users, and then work with teams of designers, Product Managers, engineers and others to create and build intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love.
We have a great, creative culture in our Design team with over 25 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across the organization. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion, and experience.
While Amsterdam is HQ for Backbase, being onsite with our customers and meeting the users is essential. We work with our customers in Russia, South Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and North and South America, so a valid passport and an ability to travel is a must have. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.