Are you someone who is confident in their skills and eager to learn more about the uniquely challenging but rapidly growing area of Design Systems? Well for role you’ll need:
- 3-5 years’ experience with a mix of UI/UX design experience and firm grasp of HTML and CSS;
- Experience working with design systems (both design kits and coded components);
- A background in Product Design or Engineering, either in formal training and/or qualifications;
- A Strong understanding of interactive design and Design System fundamentals;
- Proficiency in Design tools (e.g. Sketch), particularly confident working with Figma design kits on an advanced level ;
- Working in an Agile team environment throughout lifecycle;
- A strong love for collaboration and teamwork;
- Passion for best-practice design methodologies and technologies;
- Drive to bridge the worlds of design and development;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
At Backbase our R&D Product teams are at the center of a global transformation, creating Widgets that impact the banking experiences for more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
Every Backbase customer expects to be able to shape their own unique digital banking experiences and to do this consistently and efficiently, they rely on our Design System.
Meanwhile, we have a bold, creative culture in the Backbase Design team with over 60 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across the organization. As UX Engineer in R&D you’re the glue that holds the design organization together, and the bridge that enables collaboration among cross-disciplinary team members. You will collaborate with technical teams who own the components, and with customer project teams working to deliver on customer theming requirements.
As a white label software company, giving our customers the ability to style our product consistently and efficiently across all platforms is key to helping them toward building banking experiences their customers love -- and the Backbase Design System makes this possible.
We’re looking for a UX Engineer (sort of a unicorn) who has experience with Design Systems and who is comfortable in the sweet spot of understanding designer’s needs and speaking developer’s language. As our Design System UXer you are the key consultant among our UX Community and toward our Customers and Customer project teams to uphold, mold, improve and evolve our Design System principles and resources to ensure consistency and quality across not only our products, but also our Customer’s experience. If this sounds like you, send in your portfolio, CV and short cover letter on why you’re fit for the challenge. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.