The job in short
Creating beautiful, interactive experiences within Backbase’s Retail Banking Product Tribe. Alongside end-to-end UI/UX Product Design, you’ll also be leading Visual Design and theming across the product portfolio.
Meet the job
This is an exciting new position for Backbase. Fintech is one of the hottest markets at the moment and there is enormous scope for talented UI/UX designers to greatly improve user experiences for customers of banks. Our Retail Banking Product team is at the centre of a global transformation, creating Widgets that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
You’ll be a critical member of the team, working directly with the Product and Developer Leads to design beautiful, elegant experiences; influencing the full product lifecycle from a ‘user’ perspective.
While the role is primarily focused on product, we are also looking for someone with a strong visual design background to help transform the style and theming across the product portfolio. You’ll be working with the UX Director, Marketing and Design System teams to create on online identity for our product portals and demos that showcases best practice UI design in Banking.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 20 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
How about you?
- 5+ years’ experience in UI/UX design for web and mobile applications.
- Experience in working with complex information and interactions (e.g. forms, data, workflows).
- Background in Visual Design, either in formal training and/or qualifications.
- Strong understanding of interactive design fundamentals.
- Proficiency in Design tools (e.g. Sketch) and Prototyping tools (e.g. Invision).
- Experience working with User Testing and Research.
- Experience as a designer working in an Agile team environment throughout lifecycle.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork experience.
- Passion with best-practice design methodologies and technologies.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating your work.