The job in short
Creating beautiful, interactive experiences within Backbase’s Mobile Product Tribe, creating delightful, interactive mobile experiences for Backbase’s customers.
Meet the job
This is an exciting position in Backbase R&D. Fintech is one of the hottest markets at the moment and there is enormous scope for talented UI/UX designers to greatly improve user experiences for customers of banks. Our Mobile Banking Product team is at the centre of a global transformation, creating Widgets that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
You’ll be a valued member of the team, working directly with the Product Owners and Developers to design beautiful, elegant experiences across the full product lifecycle from a ‘user’ perspective.
Mobile is our fasting growing product portfolio so it’s a great time to join the team. You’ll have a chance to influence the User Experience during a critical phase in the product life cycle while building skills and expertise working directly with the Senior Designers and UX Director.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 20 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
How about you?
- 2-5 years of experience in digital/interactive design roles, including design experience in high-complexity software.
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree in one of the following; Graphic Design, Interactive Design, - Digital Product Design, Human Factors.
- Good experience in designing for mobile and responsive web applications.
- Exposure to Swift, Android and iOS code.
- Experience working as a trusted UX designer on a number of products or projects including taking responsibility for UI/UX design within the team.
- Expert in Sketch and good knowledge of prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Zeplin).
- Knowledge of Design Systems and a component-based approach to Digital Design.
- Some exposure to creating and delivering presentations to customers and/or internal stakeholders.
- Working knowledge in guiding teams or customers to the right decision
- In-depth knowledge in Quality Assurance testing for UX Design.
- In-depth knowledge in Accessibility.