- You have 2-5 years of experience in digital/interactive design roles, including design experience in high-complexity software;
- You have a Bachelor or Masters-level degree in one of the following; Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Digital Product Design, Human Factors;
- You have experience working through multiple product build and release cycles;
- You have experience creating elegant solutions to complex user experience problems;
- You have strong visual design skills evidenced by examples of where you’ve created pixel-perfect products (add a link to your online portfolio on your resume);
- You have experience in creating interactive prototypes and also knowledge of design and prototyping tools e.g Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, ProtoPie, Principle, InVision Studio;
- You have experience creating navigation and page layout/templates, functional design, iconography, look and feel and style guides; you have strong typographic layout skills;
- You have experience in creating wireframes, user flows through to asset generation;
- You are used to liaising with developers and QA testers to ensure designs are built and delivered to design specifications;
- You have solid communication skills and team-working capability;
- You are used to providing development teams with support and guidance to help follow our design standards and our UX best practices;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, you are proactive and happy to take initiative; you are also self-motivated with an ability to hit deadlines and work independently; you have an eye for detail.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
You’ll be a valued member of the team, working directly with the Product Owners and Developers to design accessible and usable experiences across the full product lifecycle.
Our Cardiff office is expanding so it’s a great time to join the team. You’ll have a chance to influence the User Experience during a critical phase in the product life cycle while building skills and expertise working directly with the Senior Designers and UX Director.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 20 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.