The job in short
Design delightful, interactive product experiences (Native Mobile and Web) for one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the world.
Meet the job
We are looking for UX/UI Designers who want to improve digital banking experiences for users everywhere! You’ll be working across some of our most high profile product portfolios; from prototyping to rollout, designing some of the most crucial user journeys in Fintech.
Backbase is at the centre of a global transformation in Digital Banking. As one of the largest providers of digital banking platforms and apps globally, you’ll have the unique opportunity to design user journeys and widgets that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
You’ll be a critical member of the team, working directly with the Product and Development Leads to design beautiful, elegant experiences; influencing the full product lifecycle from a ‘user’ perspective.
Most importantly, you will be the voice of the user at Backbase. You’ll need to be passionate about understanding what people want from their banks both now and in the future. We are looking for designers who genuinely care about the design process and how financial applications can better help human beings; tackling scenarios that really matter to people’s financial wellbeing.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team, with over 30 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across the organisation. We have a number of new positions opening in Product Design so let us know if you have the creativity, passion and experience to add to our highly-valued team.
How about you?
● You have 2-5 years of experience in digital/interactive design roles on Web and Mobile;
● You have a Bachelor or Masters-level degree in one of the following: Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Digital Product Design or Human Factors;
● Having design experience in high-complexity software is highly desirable;
● You have a strong understanding of interactive design fundamentals;
● You are proficient in Design tools (e.g. Sketch) and Prototyping tools (e.g. Invision);
● You have experience working with User Testing and Research;
● You have experience as a designer working in an Agile team environment throughout lifecycle;
● You have strong collaboration and teamwork experience;
● You have experience with best-practice design methodologies and technologies;
● You have good knowledge of HTML and CSS;
● You have excellent communication skills in English;
● You have a strong online portfolio demonstrating your work.
Add a link to your online portfolio on your resume.