The job in short
Creating beautiful, interactive experiences within Backbase’s Product Tribe, creating delightful, interactive experiences for Backbase’s customers.
Meet the job
This is an exciting position in Backbase R&D. Fintech is one of the hottest markets at the moment and there is enormous scope for talented UI/UX designers to greatly improve user experiences for bank employees and customers. Our Product team is at the centre of a global transformation, creating Widgets that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
You’ll be a valued member of the team, working directly with the Product Owners and Developers to design accessible and usable experiences across the full product lifecycle.
Our Cardiff office is expanding so it’s a great time to join the team. You’ll have a chance to influence the User Experience during a critical phase in the product life cycle while building skills and expertise working directly with the Senior Designers and UX Director.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 20 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
How about you?
• 2-5 years of experience in digital/interactive design roles, including design experience in high-complexity software.
• Bachelor or Masters-level degree in one of the following; Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Digital Product Design, Human Factors.
• Good experience in designing for responsive web applications.
• Experience working as a trusted UX designer on a number of products or projects including taking responsibility for UI/UX design within the team.
• Expert in Sketch and good knowledge of other design tools (e.g. InVision).
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of Design Systems and a component-based approach to Digital Design.
• Some exposure to creating and delivering presentations to customers and/or internal stakeholders.
• Working knowledge in guiding teams or customers to the right decision
• Working knowledge of designing to web accessibility standards