With a huge customer growth in the Middle East/Africa we are looking for you to be part of this epic ride and guide our regional customers on their journey.
As a UX Consultant, you’ll be helping our customers in the EMEA region. You’ll be joining a team of UX ambassadors and the wider design community within Backbase. There are numerous moments to connect, share, learn and collaborate with designers across the organisation where our relationships go beyond the work environment.
- You are an Inclusive team player with a collaborative attitude and an openness to giving and receiving feedback;
- You are driven by curiosity and enthusiasm to know how the Backbase products work;
- You take initiative, exude humility and are driven by curiosity;
- You have a cllear and confident communication using design theory and best practises to support stakeholder decision making;
- You are a critical thinker and a do-er;
- You strive for great relationships within your scrum team;
- Your communication skills are excellent (visual, verbal and written), English is a must.
- You are an expert working knowledge of design tools (e.g.: Figma, Miro, etc.);
- You have worked with a mature Design System (designsystem.backbase.com) to implement solutions for financial institutions;
- You have an excellent theoretical knowledge on UX (HIG, Material) and product development with the ability to apply this knowledge on a daily basis
- You are disciplined in documenting your work.
- You have 5+ years’ experience in Service/UX/UI design for mobile/web applications, digital products and design systems (SaaS experience a plus);
- At least one year of experience in a consulting or agency setting, working with and advising external clients.
- You have a degree in Digital Design, Social Sciences, HCI, Interaction Design or similar areas (Master’s degree a plus);
- You are an affinity in facilitating (UX) workshops and have the ability to present and validate design decisions;
- You have experience in working with complex information and interactions (e.g. forms, data, workflows);
- You workin Agile environments throughout the software development lifecycle;
- You have strong collaboration and teamwork experience, but you also have the ability to work on your own with minimal information;
- You have a strong online portfolio demonstrating your work, available via your resume.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
As this role also relies quite heavily on your consulting skills, you will advise customers on all aspects of User Experience from branding and visual design to experience design and information architecture. Beyond your design knowledge, your broader understanding of the dynamics of building and releasing software on a large scale will help you as you navigate conversations with your team and customers.
In your daily project work you will be the source of design knowledge for all Backbase Apps and the Backbase Design System. Through a deep understanding of our UX patterns and UI components, you will be able to guide customers and drive decisions towards product adoption in every sense (apps, journeys, UX patterns, etc.).
You also get the chance to help drive more complex projects by using design tools and methodologies (segments, personas and other research collateral) and by partnering up with peers in research and development. Above all, you will be one of Customer Success’ design ambassadors; working to educate different audiences through confidence and storytelling apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.