The job in short
You are essentially the technical arm of the Backbase sales team, and as such you will own all of the technical engagements in the sales cycle, and work closely with Account Executives to close deals.
Meet the job
Solution Engineering requires a unique combination of technical and sales skills. As a Solutions Engineer you will work as part of a tight–knit team to support sales efforts with your technical expertise. You are essentially the technical arm of the Backbase sales team, and as such you will own all of the technical engagements in the sales cycle, and work closely with Account Executives to close deals. You will draft and deliver presentations on technical topics, build and present demos of Backbase software, engage in technical workshops with customers, draft creative and thorough responses to RFP’s, and lead proof-of-concept (POC) projects to prove out the value and capabilities of the Backbase Platform in real-world environments. In addition, you will contribute to Backbase’s market presence by authoring whitepapers, attending or speaking at industry conferences, and hosting educational sessions for partners. Most importantly, you will become a master at using technical tools and techniques to convey the business value of the Backbase Platform, and be relentless about addressing every question and concern that stands between a prospect and a Backbase sale.
How about you?
● You have a minimum of 5 years of IT experience;
● You have a minimum of 2 years in a majority customer-facing role;
● You have a strong, broad technical background, including:
-Software Development (at least one)
- Enterprise Software Architecture
- Systems Integration
- Information Security
● You have excellent sales acumen, including:
- Confident and energetic presentation style
- Mastery of PowerPoint
- The ability to “own the room”
- Understanding of common sales methodologies and best practices
● You have an entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to face new challenges with confidence, take ownership of responsibilities, and innovate as a regular part of your day;
● Digital is part of your DNA;
● You have experience working in or around the Financial Services industry;
● You are open to traveling up to 50%, both domestically and internationally, and embrace exploring new places and cultures ;
● You have a relentless thirst for knowledge and self-improvement;
● You’re looking for more than just a place to work. There is no half-way at Backbase. When you are here, you are part of a family that works together, plays together, and goes above and beyond for each other as the daily course of business.