As a Product Owner for our Managed Hosting you’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining the vision as well as the strategy for the product offering and executing on it. You’ll be achieving this by talking to customers, stakeholders on a regular basis to identify their needs and by taking our highly skilled engineers on the journey.
You are passionate about and have experience in building cloud infrastructure on AWS and/or Azure. You have an energetic, can-do attitude with excellent communication skills allowing you to build effective relationships with customers and engineers based on trust. Others follow you because you are able to create not only a compelling vision but also a solid execution plan for the product. Creating the plan goes hand in hand with delivering on it. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you, in fact, you thrive in a startup environment in which you deliver value to our customers continuously in an agile way.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent;
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- 4+ years of experience as Product Owner/Manager of which at least 2 years at an enterprise software/SaaS company;
- Experience in managing infrastructure on AWS or Azure;
- Deep knowledge of the domain (the role is not hands-on but you should understand modern technical concepts in the cloud and engineering best practices);
- Solid understanding of SLA / SLO / SLIs;
- Experience in financial models, budgeting;
- Experience in agile way of working e.g. Kanban, Scrum incl. use of tools such as Jira;
- Basic understanding of Cloud Security & Compliance.
- Worked in the financial industry before, preferably B2B;
- Commercial experience such as pricing strategy, contract negotiations;
- Experience in cloud transformation and/or migration;
- Experience in cloud hosting for a large number of clients in a dedicated or shared environment;
- Experience in transitioning from PaaS to SaaS;
- Customer facing experience;
- Experience in dealing with SOC2, PCI-DSS and other compliance standards.
We’ll be even more impressed if you have:
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.