With your stakeholders and team you’ll be working with modern back-end technologies on our products and tooling. You’ll also be helping define the best practices for all developers creating services with Backbase technology - whether by creating the Golden Sample applications and documentation, or educating and evangelizing for the products your team produces.
- Product Owner with in-depth Technical Knowledge - You have an extensive track record as a product owner for backend components and services (a background as a Java Backend Engineer is a big big plus);
- Outgoing and Motivated - You are comfortable leading presentations, workshops and stakeholder collaboration sessions. You actively enjoy promoting the good work your team is doing;
- Cloud Native experience - You know how to work with cloud-native technologies and have a strong understanding of security, cloud configuration, service discovery, logging, tracing, and other non-functional base requirements;
- Mentoring and Leadership skills - You will be comfortable with Coaching and Mentoring team members, and be a natural agile leader capable of bringing your team on the journey with you;
- Stakeholder Management - You have experience collaborating with an array of stakeholders - bring your own good practices;
- Strong Agile Experience - As a Product Owner, you truly understand how to apply the Agile principles and know how to support an autonomous, sustainable way of working within a team. Working alongside the Scrum Master you will help promote an effective Agile environment with an emphasis on self-organization, autonomy and trust;
- Value and Cost Focussed - You know how to deliver value by connecting product features to customer outcomes. You understand the cost involved in developing and maintaining software and can formulate a business plan to justify roadmap items.
Looking for a journey instead of a job? Then let’s talk! We are THE pioneers in banking tech. You will become part of a dynamic environment that influences the banking experience of millions of users around the world.
To really succeed here’s the skills we think you’ll need:
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Ideally we are looking for someone who:
If we could describe the job in terms of Backbase values:
Together - We are Strong
You’ll be producing software for use both internally and by Backbase customers, so working closely with all stakeholders is a key part of the job.
You’ll engage with the rest of the product team as an active member of the Product chapter - help us to improve how we work together and share your ‘Eureka’ moments!
Entrepreneurial - Solving the Hard Problems.
With your team, you’ll create powerful, easy to understand tooling - making developers more productive whilst improving their daily quality of life.
Curious - We Explore New Routes
Keeping abreast of industry innovations is key - you’ll act as a true owner of your products, so innovation is welcome! Anything to accelerate teams is on the cards, and you’ll know how to assess technology readiness for adoption.
Craftspeople - We Make Things that Matter
You’ll get to make a difference every day by empowering your end-users: developers. You’ll truly understand the perspective of developers who work with Backbase products on a daily basis, and will take every opportunity to collaborate with them, ensuring their feedback drives your product roadmap.
Can Do - We Make it Happen
You’ll take a determined and pragmatic approach to getting things done. YOu’ll work with leadership and stakeholders to ensure your product roadmap is clear, transparent and in the hands of the right people. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.