The job in short
Work in our development team and embrace the DevOps role to bring excellence to our software engineering teams.
Meet the job
Automating everything is our aim and CI/CD is our game. As a DevOps Engineer, you play a key role in bringing together software development and IT operations in the delivery of our banking product. As a member of the tribe, you work closely with all disciplines such as Java software developers, Frontend software developers, QA Engineers, Technical Writers and Product Owners to ensure the entire software development life cycle of our omnichannel banking portal product.
With your experience and skills, you will contribute to the quality and delivery of our software products. Your work has a direct impact on the ability to continually innovate our products and improve our way of working.
Backbase uses a scaled Agile product organisation and we expect everyone to develop their personal leadership skills continually which ensures quick feedback cycles with our stakeholders.
How about you?
● You have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see the immediate impact of your efforts;
● You are a leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
● You are flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements;
● You have previously worked with containerisation (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes);
● You have designed and/or delivered mission-critical services (preferably cloud-based services);
● You have Shell, scripting, Java and Python programming experience;
● You have expertise with Linux/Unix systems and have used configuration management tools (such as Maven, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt);
● You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team;
● You have experience deploying to application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, or Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with relational databases.