The job in short
Work with customers and our partners in implementation projects around the globe. How would you guide them to success?
Meet the job
As a DevOps Engineer, you play the key role of bringing together software development and IT operations in the CX Services. As a member of the tribe you are working closely together with all disciplines such as Java software developers, FE software developers, QA Engineers, Technical Writers and Product Owners to ensure the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's omni-channel banking portal product.
In our scaled agile product organisation, we expect everyone to develop their personal leadership skills continually and ensure quick feedback cycles with our stakeholders. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality and delivery of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Professional Services consultants and partners. Your work has direct impact on the ability continually innovate our products and improve our way of working.
How about you?
- You have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see immediate impact of your efforts;
- A Leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
Flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements.
- You have designed and/or delivered mission critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services); Shell, scripting, Java and Python programming experience;
- You have previously worked with containerisation (Docker) an expertise with Linux/Unix systems and used configuration management tools (such as Maven, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team;
- Experience deploying to application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with Relational and NoSQL Databases.