To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs, and an eye for creative solutions. So besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis. In this heavily client-facing role, you apply your deep expertise wherever it is needed, from deep-dive technical workshops to board-level sales presentations. Having earned your stripes in designing modern, enterprise-scale architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
- Minimum 10 years enterprise IT experience;
- Minimum 5 years dedicated Financial Services industry experience, including:
- You have created multiple solutions for financial services organizations (banks preferred, ideally >= $10B AUM)
- Expert-level knowledge of the banking vendor landscape in the US and Canada for both Retail and Business/Corporate banking solutions (Core vendors, FinTechs, Payment processors, Loan Origination systems, Credit Card servicers, IAM/IDM, etc)
- You are well-informed on current trends in digital banking and can speak confidently on what banks need to be prepared for in the next 5-10 years.
- Your knowledge of the Java platform exceeds our expectations;
- Experienced in Spring, Maven and Jenkins;
- Experienced in cloud deployments and the tools of modern cloud architecture, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Kafka, Redis, etc.;
- Demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA);
- Demonstrable understanding of Micro-Services Architectures;
- Practical application of MVC patterns and principles of REST APIs, ideally including RAML and/or OpenAPI, are second nature to you;
- You have professionally worked with Enterprise Integration Patterns and frameworks that implement them;
- And let’s not forget your broad, operational knowledge of cloud infrastructure, application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web and mobile applications in a highly available and scalable environment;
- Last but not least, you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
We will be extra happy if you:
- Have experience with Portal/Web Content Management solutions;
- Are well-versed in Microsoft/.NET technologies in addition to Java;
- Have mobile app development experience and understand the unique challenges of building and deploying mobile solutions;
- Are familiar with advanced architectural patterns, such as Microservices, CQRS, and event sourcing.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
You know projects need to be delivered according to requirements, time, and budget, but you also know our technicians need their space to build the solutions you’ve defined. By creating structure and offering clear, value-oriented explanations to complex questions, you provide guidance and oversight to our prospects to give them the confidence to place their digital future in our hands. Also part of the job is creating technical documentation such as logical and physical architectures to help clarify how Backbase will be leveraged in the real world. In addition, you are also well versed in the roles and processes that will be needed to ensure a successful implementation: Agile, DevOps, QA, CI/CD, etc. Lastly, because this is a customer facing role, you will be travelling a significant amount of the time (up to 50%) to spend time on-site with and workshops. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.