The job in short
As a Solutions Architect in the Solution Engineering team, it’s your job to be the face of Backbase expertise in banking technology. Interfacing with C-level executives and technology leaders from prospective banks, you help them see the path to success using Backbase’s industry leading software in combination with their core systems and the rich landscape of FinTech offerings available to financial institutions.
To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs, and an eye for creative solutions. So besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis. In this heavily client-facing role, you apply your deep expertise wherever it is needed, from deep-dive technical workshops to board-level sales presentations. Having earned your stripes in designing modern, enterprise-scale architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
Meet the job
You will be part of the world-class Backbase Presales team, in which you will fulfill a leading role only gained by excellent performance. Talking highly specific technical details as well as discussing general business outcomes, you comfortably translate customer requirements into a distinguished design that maximizes the value of backbase as well as the outcome for the customer.. You dedicate yourself to being a master of financial services security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability and serviceability.
You know projects need to be delivered according to requirements, time, and budget, but you also know our technicians need their space to build the solutions you’ve defined. By creating structure and offering clear, value-oriented explanations to complex questions, you provide guidance and oversight to our prospects to give them the confidence to place their digital future in our hands. Also part of the job is creating technical documentation such as logical and physical architectures to help clarify how Backbase will be leveraged in the real world. In addition, you are also well versed in the roles and processes that will be needed to ensure a successful implementation: Agile, DevOps, QA, CI/CD, etc. Lastly, because this is a customer facing role, you will be travelling a significant amount of the time (up to 50%) to spend time on-site with and workshops.
How about you?
● Minimum 10 years enterprise IT experience;
● Minimum 5 years dedicated Financial Services industry experience, including:
– You have created multiple solutions for financial services organizations (banks preferred, ideally >= $10B AUM)
– Expert-level knowledge of the banking vendor landscape in the US and Canada for both Retail and Business/Corporate banking solutions (Core vendors, FinTechs, Payment processors, Loan Origination systems, Credit Card servicers, IAM/IDM, etc)
– You are well-informed on current trends in digital banking and can speak confidently on what banks need to be prepared for in the next 5-10 years.
● Your knowledge of the Java platform exceeds our expectations;
● Experienced in Spring, Maven and Jenkins;
● Experienced in cloud deployments and the tools of modern cloud architecture, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Kafka, Redis, etc.;
● Demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA);
● Demonstrable understanding of Micro-Services Architectures;
● Practical application of MVC patterns and principles of REST APIs, ideally including RAML and/or OpenAPI, are second nature to you;
● You have professionally worked with Enterprise Integration Patterns and frameworks that implement them;
● And let’s not forget your broad, operational knowledge of cloud infrastructure, application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web and mobile applications in a highly available and scalable environment;
● Last but not least, you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
We will be extra happy if you:
● Have experience with Portal/Web Content Management solutions;
● Are well-versed in Microsoft/.NET technologies in addition to Java;
● Have mobile app development experience and understand the unique challenges of building and deploying mobile solutions;
● Are familiar with advanced architectural patterns, such as Microservices, CQRS, and event sourcing.