The job in short
As a Software Architect, you will be working with Product Owners, Developers and QA Engineers to create best-of-breed platform services, libraries, quick-start projects and tooling to accelerate the development of modern banking-grade software.
Meet the job
You’ll be responsible for executing on the vision for the core of the Backbase Platform, working with fellow Architects to define how we create it, for whom, why, and in which priority. Simultaneously, you have to make sure that features created are adopted and delivered in the most beneficial way: supported through demos and training materials - you’re in charge.
You will spend time with our internal and external customers to understand their challenges, gathering insights into how to solve problems and deliver new features. You translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements.
How about you?
● You have demonstrable experience designing and building enterprise-grade solutions;
● You will be hands on and still actively developing, capable of leading and coaching developers whilst illustrating, organising and ensuring the correct software is delivered;
● You drive technology innovation and refactoring initiatives. People turn to you for advice based on your sound experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks;
● Keeping the overall picture isn’t a problem for you;
● You are precise and keep a strict eye on data and deadlines;
● You’re comfortable leading the pack.. Issues don’t block you – you either fix them or find a workaround;
● Proven experience in a client-facing role, we expect you to be able to anticipate and negotiate new or changing requirements;
● Needless to say, you have great communication skills and the talent to motivate people in the right direction;
● You are familiar with agile/lean product development practices.
● Led the design and build of distributed systems; SOA, Microservices, Cloud-native;
● Enterprise-grade Java;
● Modern Spring Framework, including Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.