As a Software Architect, you will be working with Product Owners, Developers and QA Engineers to create best-of-breed platform services, libraries, quick-start projects and tooling to accelerate the development of modern banking-grade software.
- You have demonstrable experience designing and building enterprise-grade solutions;
- You drive technology innovation and refactoring initiatives. People turn to you for advice based on your sound experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks;
- Keeping the overall picture isn’t a problem for you;
- You are precise and keep a strict eye on data and deadlines;
- You’re comfortable leading the pack. Issues don’t block you – you either fix them or find a workaround;
- You lead the charge on continual improvement of production-readiness, educating teams about tools and techniques to ensure that the product runs smoothly, securely and in a way that offers insight into system health;
- You have proven experience in a client-facing role, we expect you to be able to anticipate and negotiate new or changing requirements;
- You have great communication skills and the talent to motivate people in the right direction;
- You are familiar with Agile/Lean product development practices.
Your Technical Experience:
- Led the design and build of distributed systems; SOA, Microservices, Cloud-native;
- Enterprise-grade Java;
- Modern Spring Framework, including Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
You’ll be responsible for executing on the vision for the core of the Backbase platform, working with fellow Architects to define how we create it, for whom, why, and in which priority. Simultaneously, you’ll have to make sure that features created are adopted and delivered in the most beneficial way: supported through demos and training materials –you’re in charge.
You will spend time with our internal and external customers to understand their challenges, gathering insights into how to solve problems and deliver new features. As the design authority you translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements, designs and proof of concepts. You will be hands on and still actively developing, capable of leading and coaching developers whilst illustrating, organising and ensuring the correct software is delivered.
Use your yearly training budget to polish your skills. Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.