The job in short
At Backbase you'll be joining one of the Backbase R&D teams, a multidisciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, QA engineers, technical writers and support engineers. You will be hands on, capable of coaching developers in delivering a production-ready banking platform across all verticals therefore being fullstack is big plus. You will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Customer Success and System Integrators consultants.
Meet the job
As part of the team you will be supporting one or more of our Scrum teams to develop new functionality for the Digital Banking Platform. The team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle of our digital banking product suite. We work in Scrum in order to deliver new product increments through short cadences by closely cooperating with other departments as well as customers. You take ownership of the technical design, working closely with other architects to ensure company-wide alignment, and with developers, testers and other team members to ensure the technical vision is known and used during development activities.
As part of the tribe leadership team you set an example of how to drive technology innovation and large initiatives (e.g platform upgrades, refactorings, non-functionals). People turn to you for advice based on your sound experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks.
Our Technology stack
Backbase provides a modern software solution developed in microservices architecture, ensuring financial institutions can build on the top of cutting edge technology. As such, many modern principles have been adopted such as continuous integration and delivery. We also have adopted agile practices with decisions being driven out of team with autonomy rather than top down to make for rapid delivery.
The underlying technology runs on the best of breed technology available today such as Spring Boot, Netflix OSS, coupled with our own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Our technology drives solutions in a variety of ways for customers, from cloud native, globally scaled deployments to on premise managed application servers, demanding smart thinking and innovative solutions from our people.
How about you?
● You have a solid background in software development including design;
● You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team(s). The role involves collaboration with a broad range of specialists, internally and with our customers;
● Experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
● Other skills should include:
- Excellent English, spoken and written,
- Strong leadership and communication skills,
- Proficient in Java, Spring, Maven, CI and CD,
- Cloud and traditional application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, …),
- Knowledge of relational databases,
- Expert in non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability etc.,
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.