The job in short
Backbase’s digital banking solution, a Microservices based implementation, consists of several capabilities developed within individual tribes. As a Software Architect and a key member of the tribe leadership, you own the technical design of the capabilities within one of these tribes. You will be hands-on and expected to work in close collaboration with the tribe’s developers, architects from other tribes, and other stakeholders. You provide technical leadership to the Development Teams (squads) within your tribe to ensure that their development practices are aligned with the company standards and that the solutions delivered are fit for purpose, delivered on time, and of high technical quality.
Meet the job
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
● Ensuring the software delivered by the tribe is fit for purpose and of a high technical quality;
● Driving technology innovation and large initiatives (e.g. platform upgrades, refactoring, non-functionals);
● Providing advice and guidance related to software development practices and frameworks;
● Ensuring best-practice software development lifecycle practices are entrenched within your tribe;
● Working together with your Customer Success solutions architects to validate chosen designs.
How about you?
In order to be successful in this job we expect you to have:
● Solid experience as a Software Architect preferably within the Financial Services domain or in a software product organisation;
● Software Development experience using Java, Spring, Maven, CI and CD as well as cloud and application servers;
● Ability to explain complex IT topics to different stakeholders with different subject-matter-expertise;
● Great stakeholder management and influencing skills; able to generate buy-in on important decisions;
● Knowledge of relational databases and understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns;
● Experience working collaboratively with development teams using agile methods to design and build complex distributed systems.