The Bid team is responsible for understanding what Backbase clients need, developing an initial view of the solution, liaising with solution experts, then tailor the Backbase proposition to meet that need. We articulate this solution to the Backbase Sales/ Client/ Partner, and to close the deal. We handshake with delivery to ensure that the delivery team is completely aware of the proposed solution. The Bid manager will be an integral part of this unit.
As part of the Backbase Strategy and Propositions team, you work closely with Sales, Solutions Engineering, Delivery and RnD Departments. This is a crucial role because you will be making sure our proposals result in a tailored integrated proposition, estimations, feasible project plans and alignment to delivery methodologies to meet our customer expectations. This position is a great chance to learn and grow within an amazing and recognized fintech company.
You have excellent English language skills, written and spoken;
- You feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders within Backbase, and potential customers at various levels. Organizational and cultural sensitivity is something that comes naturally to you;
- You have at least 3-4 years experience in Solutions and Pre-sales world in the technology domain;
- Your experience in implementing Digital transformation projects is a must. You have an understanding of different SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall);
- You have experience in implementing at least one program. Delivery experience in the digital domain of at least 5 years is a must;
- You are a presentation and a storytelling expert;
- You are creative and can visualize an end to end solution for Digital Transformation projects. You are a whiteboarding expert;
- You have experience in maintaining a strategic deal template library;
- You are able to verify that complex technical solutions & strategies are easily understandable, readable and compelling;
- As a subject matter expert, you use your gravitas to interact with key internal and external stakeholders and influence decision making;
- Your Digital Banking Business knowledge is a plus;
- Your APMP certification is a plus.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
You will define the Proposal (RFI and RFP) Strategy: by collaborating closely with various sales representatives to ensure proper understanding of customer needs, priorities, competition analysis and define strategy of the proposal. Proposal Strategy frameworks creation and maintenance is also your responsibility.
RFI & RFP Response Management: you will take the end to end responsibility of the RFP response and make a tailored and compelling proposition to win the opportunity in the Sales stages.
Estimations & Project Plans: you will collaborate with the Customer Success team to ensure achievable plans and estimations are sent during the Sales process.
Collaboration: you will work with all internal stakeholders, to ensure all proposal documents state Backbase qualifications and information accurately and favorably. You will also take on continuous improvement of estimations with delivery and RnD teams.
Knowledge Management: you will contribute to continuous improvement and development of proposal management best practices. That includes creating and maintaining a knowledge repository of winning proposal documents & templates, estimation frameworks, and delivery methodologies.
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.