We love pushing the boundaries of UX/UI, we are passionate about motion design, and we always try to bring moments of “WOW” to everything we do.
What do we do?
Showcase – Primarily, we adopt the Backbase Design System and collaborate with developers to deliver Showcase – our golden demo environments. Showcase combines all aspects of the Backbase Platform to present the future of people-first banking and it is our responsibility to ensure these experiences exceed our users expectations.
Proof of Concepts – Secondly, we build mini projects together with our prospects, called Proof of Concepts. These projects show Financial institutions how the Backbase Platform works and can help solve their business and customer needs.
LABS & Events – Thirdly, we support and facilitate experiments within the wider Backbase community. These prototypes and artifacts contribute to Showcase ahead of market demos, analyst reports, or stage events such as Finovate or Backbase ENGAGE.
- 5-8 years of professional experience in UX and Product Design in a Digital, Agile (scale-up or agency) environment;
- You have a degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, User Interface Design or a similar area;
- Experience in Design Thinking, Conceptual Design, and producing Design documentation like Service Blueprints, Customer Journey maps, Information Architecture, Flow diagrams etc.;
- You are genuinely passionate about UX/UI and solving business and user problems;
- You can communicate your ideas clearly to those around you;
- You have solid working knowledge and professional working experience with common UX tooling in particular Figma, Invision, After Effects, Protopie;
- You have a strong working knowledge of UX Principles, Interface Patterns and Motion Design;
- You have experience with User Testing and Research;
- You are a team player, social and proactively provide suggestive feedback to help your colleagues grow in their career but also as a human;
- You have professional English speaking and writing skills;
- You are curious, always keen to learn new things and try them out;
- You are someone interested in visual design and eager to work with platforms and Design Systems in order to develop unique experiences;
- You actively contribute during brainstorming or refinement sessions;
- You don’t mind working on prototypes or apps not available to the general public. Instead, they act as inspiration for apps eventually used by millions of users around the world.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
If you are the type of UX’er that thrives on variety, has a passion for product design, and likes to blend together business value and user needs, then this is for you.
What are your responsibilities?
UX Workshops – You will join and facilitate UX Workshops and Design sprints for internal teams and prospects. You will educate teams on Design Systems, map customer journeys, and wireframe effective solutions.
Demo Story Design - You will collaborate with Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, and UI specialists to oversee the UX of our best-in-class demos.
Prototyping & Experiments – Together with your Design Leadership, you will champion collaborative innovation, test concepts with users, and ensure we are leveraging lean UX principles to push the boundaries beyond banking. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.