The job in short
Leading the UX design across our Experience Management and Flow Product Tribes to create elegant, interactive experiences for Backbase’s customers.
Meet the job
This is an exciting new lead position for Backbase. Fintech is one of the hottest markets at the moment and there is enormous scope for talented UX designers to greatly improve user experiences for the employees of Banks. Our new “Flow Product” is entering a critical design phase and we are looking for a talented UX designer who loves turning complex, conceptual ideas into real experiences for users.
You’ll be a critical member of the team, working directly with the Product and Developer Leads to design simple, elegant experiences; influencing the full product lifecycle from a ‘user’ perspective.
Alongside the new product design for Flow, we are also looking for someone lead the design across the Employee Experience Tools. You’ll be working with the UX Director, Product Manager, User Researchers and Technical teams drive design standards on all the product streams, coaching more Junior Designers and managing the quality of design work across the squads.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 20 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
How about you?
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree in one of the following; Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Digital Product Design, Human Factors.
- 5 years of experience in digital/interactive design roles.
- A minimum of 2 years of design experience in high-complexity software.
- In-depth understanding of design for back office, admin tools and/or dashboards.
- Experience in working with complex information and interactions (e.g. forms, data, workflows).
- Strong understanding of interactive design fundamentals.
- Proficiency in Design tools (e.g. Sketch) and Prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Framer).
- Experience working with User Testing and Research.
- Experience as a designer working in an Agile team environment throughout lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork experience.
- Passion with best-practice design methodologies and technologies.
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating your work.