The job in short
As Principal System DevOps Engineer you will work hands-on with the unit’s experts, R&D architects, and other teams to bring our Software Development Lifecycle framework to the next level. You evangelise DevOps culture and accelerate the development of modern banking-grade software!
Meet the job
Your team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills, you will contribute to the quality of our software products in order to help realize the best developer experiences, smooth release cycles, and successful customer implementations by our Professional Services consultants and partners.
You contribute to the high-level roadmap and ongoing development of our CI/CD tooling, practices and internal products while driving your team to deliver great new capabilities. You’ll be working closely with the development teams, architects and other Leads to align on priorities and technical design decisions.
How about you?
● You have demonstrable experience designing and building enterprise-grade solutions;
● You are a leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
● You are flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements;
● You have designed and/or built mission-critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services);
● You have a solid software development background with Java, Spring and Maven;
● You have Shell, scripting, Java and Python programming experience;
● Expertise with Linux / Unix systems;
● Experience with any configuration management tools (we prefer Maven, Ansible);
● Experience with any continuous integration server (such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, GoCD);
● You have solid knowledge of cloud-native deployments on Kubernetes (EKS, GCP, Open Shift or bare metal) and Pivotal Cloud Foundry;
● You have a solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cactai, Graphite, Log Stash, Nagios, Ganglia etc.);
● You have proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues;
● Extensive knowledge and experience with automation tools;
● Experience deploying to application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with Relational and NoSQL Databases;
● Experienced with using Agile development methodologies;
● You have insightful opinions about systems architecture;
● You are experienced in developing custom solutions for systems monitoring, deployments, continuous integration, etc.