The job in short
Work with customers and our partners in implementation projects around the globe. How would you guide them to success?
Meet the job
This is a challenging position where you will be exposed to a variety of environments and technologies within different organizations around the world. You’ll act as an advisor of the Backbase product in projects where the actual implementation is done by our client or one of our system integration partners. This role involves a lot (50%) of traveling and meeting with people from all over the world.
Being a consultant at Backbase means taking ownership in your projects and enable our customers to setup their environments from test to production. You will analyze the particular situation, the needs and existing set up of our customers, and provide documented guidelines for the implementation. You give advice on security standards and optimizing performance.
You design, develop and oversee the implementation of solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of our product. At Backbase we focus on providing solutions instead of workarounds. You are in close contact with customers and partners and this leads to valuable input to improve our product in your collaboration with our R&D teams.
How about you?
● You have designed and/or built mission critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services) and have proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues;
● You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and have previous coaching experience;
● You have a working knowledge of Maven, Jenkins, and Shell will help you a lot in this role;
● You have experience deploying Java applications, JVM tuning, Tomcat;
● You have experience with Cloud (AWS or Google cloud), as well as expertise with Linux/Unix systems.
It would be great if you also have:
● Experience with any of the following configuration tools: Ansible (preferable);
● Experience with Kubernetes (preferable) / Openshift / Pivotal Cloud Foundry;
● Experience deploying Spring Boot applications as a plus;
● Database experience is interesting as an administrator;
● Experience with Helm charts.