- You have experience designing, building, and deploying mission-critical technical services at a large scale;
- You have experience supporting production systems and dealing with production issues;
- You have experience designing and implementing systems and processes for software development teams including source control, configuration management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and/or infrastructure as code;
- You have experience identifying and resolving issues in workflows and processes in software development teams;
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills and you work well with your team, not just alone;
- You have solid skills in a significant fraction of these tools, languages, and technologies:
- Package and dependency management, such as: - Maven / Gradle / Ant or similar Java dependency management system
- CI/CD pipeline systems, such as: - Jenkins
- Scripting / programming / automation / software development - proficiency in any of these: - POSIX Shell scripting (BaSH, etc)
- Docker or a comparable container engine / runtime
- Kubernetes or a comparable container orchestration solution: - Kubectl or comparable CLI
- UNIX / GNU / Linux operating system fundamentals - Especially environment variables/shell processes
- For deploying and supporting Java server applications: - JVM tuning
- Network protocols and systems, especially: - DNS
- Public Cloud Hosting / Platforms - some significant experience, including automation using API or CLI, with at least one of: - AWS
- IBM Relational Databases - any of the following: - MySQL
- Bonus: Infrastructure and configuration management as code, such as: - Terraform
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience
- NPM or similar Node package manager
- Apt / Yum / APK / homebrew or similar OS package managers
- CocoaPods / Carthage / Swift or similar package manager for iOS
- Container registries such as DockerHub
- Generic artifact repositories such as JFrog, Nexus, Artifactory
- GitHub Actions
- Azure Pipelines
- C / Python / Ruby / Rust / Golang
- Manifest files, Helm, or comparable packaging/deployment solution
- OpenShift, EKS, GKE, AKS, or comparable hosting solution
- Bonus points for experience with the finer points of overlays or mesh networks in Kubernetes, such as Istio
- Tomcat, JBoss, or another application server
- Spring Boot or similar framework environment
- Nginx, Apache, or another webserver
- Angular or similar framework environment
- IBM Cloud
- VMWare Cloud or any comparable on-premises cloud
- MS SQL Server
- Oracle DB
*Unfortunately, we are not considering sponsorship for this position*
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Being a consultant at Backbase means taking ownership in your projects, and enabling our customers to set up their environments, from development through production. You will analyze the particular situation, the needs, and the existing setup of our customers, and provide documented guidelines for the implementation. You will consult on security standards, help to scale systems, and help to optimize performance.
You design, develop, and oversee the implementation of solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability, and latency of our product. At Backbase we focus on providing solutions instead of workarounds. You are in close contact with customers and partners and this leads to valuable input to improve our product in your collaboration with our R&D teams. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.