The job in short
Great is not good enough for our QA Engineers. Help us to deliver even better quality in our solutions.
Meet the job
As a Senior QA Engineer, you get the chance to take a lead in the development of our customers' digital banking solutions with a focus on a quality deliverable and during the entire development cycle of the project.
You astonish your team and key stakeholders with your drive for quality. As a quality ambassador, you promote quality within the team in alignment with Backbase practices and ensure quality solutions are being delivered during the entire development cycle.
You create the initial test strategy for the project you are working on based on the Backbase Test Strategy. You present and justify the test strategy and decisions to clients and stakeholders.
You conduct test plans and define test designs for difficult or advanced technological concepts. You are responsible for developing and executing manual and automated tests that cover functional and nonfunctional requirements. You test functionality and systems by applying different testing methodologies and different test levels. You ensure that automation testing for the components of our web and mobile solutions are in line with standardised tools and languages used at Backbase. You drive the discussion with the team members and the client by leveraging test evidence, defect metrics and reporting of the complete QA process.
Backbase speaks Agile software development, just like you. You act as a part of the Agile team, take part and contribute to Agile ceremonies and work closely with the rest of the team. Implementations generally take around half a year, during which you may find yourself travelling to meet teams in other Backbase locations, build relationships and liaise with other engineers on-site.
You take an active role in the QA engineers' meetings, exchange knowledge and information. You play a key role in selecting candidates for QA roles, as well as, on-boarding and mentoring new QA joiners.
When not working on customer projects, you will work on improving and developing your QA skills and you will be also collaborating with our R&D teams to help shape the future of banking.
How about you?
● You have an in-depth understanding of functional and nonfunctional types of testing, levels of testing and testing pyramid;
● You have experience of Web and Mobile (Android and iOS applications) test automation;
● You have expert knowledge on most of the following: Protractor, Espresso, XCTest, Allure, Spoon, HTML Publisher, Gatling, JMeter;
● You have working experience with web applications, REST, SOAP, HTML/CSS and HTTP;
● You have in-depth knowledge of continuous integration tools and version control systems;
● You have the ability to create and execute test cases and ideas, provide evidence, reports and comment on designs and plans;
● You are keen to explore different testing types and methodologies and have the ability to identify testing process improvements;
● You have an in-depth understanding of exploratory testing and its applications;
● You are able to explain the testing process and ways of working of your team to new QA engineers;
● You’re a team player with a can-do mentality;
● You know when to use your creativity and when to consult your colleagues;
● Because you will be working on a global scale, you easily blend into any work culture. You thrive working with colleagues from multiple cultures;
● You definitely over-deliver without under-promising;
● You have the curiosity to learn and share your learning process with us;
● You have 5+ years of experience in a similar role, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience;
● English language: full professional proficiency;
● You have the right to work in the UK (unfortunately we cannot sponsor visas).