The job in short
Work in our R&D Department and guarantee delivery of even greater quality in our software.
Meet the job
You will work in one of our Scrum oriented development teams dedicated to different components. Our teams are structured to be end-to-end and therefore are working on full stack (front-end and back-end) of our successful digital banking platform.
As part of the Scrum team you help to develop software with a focus on a quality deliverable and work closely with the product owner and team members on refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily standups and retrospectives.
Your passion for quality extends beyond scripting manual or automated tests. You have an eye for detail, you promote quality in your team by owning and continuously improving the testing process and you can articulate your approach to non-technical stakeholders.
You understand the value of collaboration and soliciting opinions and approaches that may differ from yours.
At Backbase we embrace agile and you know what this means for the QA role. You champion QA by being an active Scrum team member. Finally, you will contribute ideas for process improvement in your team and the wider Backbase community.
How about you?
● You are an experienced QA Engineer with strong hands-on testing experience (in one of: Back end, Front end, Mobile).
● Web services knowledge and understanding (preferably REST);
● Experience with test automation in one of the following: Web UI, Web services, Mobile;
● Experience with creating/maintaining test automation frameworks (preferably Protractor, REST-Assured, and for Mobile Espresso, XCTest);
● Understanding of the SDLC process and its application via with continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins and GoCD);
● An understanding of exploratory testing and when to apply it;
● Promote and drive the testing process in the team to ensure product quality;
● Initiative, self-providing, flexible and a quick learner;
● Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.