The job in short
Impact millions with your beautiful code, make successful Backbase implementations happen and help shape the future of banking.
Meet the job
As a Senior Backend Developer, your goal is to seamlessly integrate the Backbase platform with our customers' systems. You take ownership of the development of backend software focusing on functional and nonfunctional aspects, writing beautiful and smart code. You ensure the solution is tested, maintainable, secure and performs well.
You provide solid technical solutions to complex issues whilst helping us deliver the best customer experience and reinforce company reputation. You don't shy away from learning new technologies and best practices because you always push the envelope to the next level.
You will use your expertise on programming languages and tools to analyse current codes and industry developments, formulate efficient processes, solve problems and create a seamless experience for millions of users across the globe.
Backbase speaks Agile software development, just like you. Implementations generally take around half a year, during which you may find yourself travelling to meet teams in other Backbase locations, build relationships and liaise with developers on-site.
The pressure is always on, the clock is constantly ticking, and customer expectations are sky high. With your confidence and skills, you meet and exceed customer desires. You will encounter situations that demand prompt, yet smart actions.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, and provide guidance to more junior Backend Developers. You are encouraged to introduce new ideas and challenge others.
When not working on customer projects, you will be providing support to our customers, coaching a team of backend developers on the client and partner side, or collaborating with our R&D teams to help shape the future of banking.
How about you?
● You talk Java, you love Spring, you like Microservices;
● You have strong hands-on programming skills and you like to create smart code;
● You have working experience with Design Patterns and knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and frameworks such as Apache Camel or Spring Integration, as well as, databases and SQL commands;
● You have expert knowledge of Git, Maven, CI/CD, Web technologies, Software Testing;
● You are a creator, sensitive to product enhancement – you evolve and adapt to changing software landscapes;
● You are a team player with a can-do mentality;
● You have experience in consultancy and project coaching;
● You know when to use your creativity and when to consult your colleagues;
● Because you will be working on a global scale, you easily blend into any work culture. You thrive working with colleagues from multiple cultures;
● You definitely over-deliver without under-promising;
● You have the curiosity to learn, and share your learning process with us;
● You have working knowledge of Security considerations;
● You have working knowledge of Linux/Unix environments;
● You have the ability to apply the SDLC or delivery model to deliver fit for purpose software in-line with provided designs;
● You have 5+ years of experience in a similar role, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience;
● Your English language level: full professional proficiency;
● Working experience with Docker & Kubernetes is a plus;
● You have the right to work in the UK (unfortunately we cannot sponsor visas).