The job in short
At Backbase you'll join a team of highly skilled Frontend Developers using the latest web and mobile technologies to build engaging and innovative banking experiences.
Meet the job
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you create the best possible omnichannel user experiences using a modern, responsive stack and tooling, securing cross-browser compatibility. You take the lead of the development of Frontend software focusing on functional and non-functional aspects.
You write beautiful and smart code, and you ensure the solution is tested, accessible, extensible, maintainable, secure, and performs well. The devil is in the detail, and nothing escapes your sight.
Backbase speaks Agile software development, just like you. Implementations generally take around half a year, during which you may find yourself travelling to meet teams in other Backbase locations, build relationships and liaise with other developers on-site.
The pressure is always on, the clock is constantly ticking, and customer expectations are sky high. With your confidence and skills, you meet and exceed customer desires. You will encounter situations that demand prompt, yet smart actions.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, and provide guidance to more junior Frontend Engineers. You are encouraged to introduce new ideas and challenge others.
When not working on customer projects, you will be providing support to our customers, coaching a team of Frontend developers on the client and partner side, or collaborating with our R&D teams to help shape the future of banking.
How about you?
● You understand design patterns;
● You have working experience with unit/e2e testing;
● You have working experience with Git, Maven, REST and SDLC tools such as Jenkins and JIRA;
● You have expert knowledge, confidence, and efficiency in debugging issues;
● You are able to entertain conversations with different audiences about Frontend;
● You have working experience in consultancy and project coaching;
● You have in-depth knowledge of NPM & Node;
● You have in-depth knowledge of broader Web Application architecture topics, such as: HTTP spec (common headers, response statuses, etc), JWT tokens, CORS, XSS, CSP;
● You have the ability to guide and teach the team to work in an Agile manner;
● You’re a team player with a can-do mentality;
● You know when to use your creativity and when to consult your colleagues;
● Because you will be working on a global scale, you easily blend into any work culture. You thrive working with colleagues from multiple cultures;
● You definitely over-deliver without under-promising;
● You have the curiosity to learn, and share your learning process with us;
● You have 5+ years of experience in a similar role, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience;
● English language: full professional proficiency;
● Working experience with Docker and Linux is a plus;
● You have the right to work in the UK (unfortunately we cannot sponsor visas).