- You are very comfortable with the following tools and technologies: Maven (and npm is a bonus), Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, kubectl, Helm, Bash scripting, Groovy;
- You have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see the immediate impact of your efforts;
- You have spent the bulk of their professional career as a Java developer;
- You are a leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
- You are flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements;
- You have previously worked with containerisation (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) and have experience with Helm Charts;
- You have experience working with Amazon Web Services;
- As a plus, you have experience with Spring Cloud technology; You have designed and/or delivered mission-critical services (preferably cloud-based services);
- You have Shell, scripting and Python programming experience; Linux/Unix systems;
- You have used configuration management tools such as Spring Cloud Config;
- You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team;
- You have experience deploying to application servers such as Tomcat or Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with relational databases.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
This role provides a lot of autonomy for coming up with solutions, collaborating closely with backend, frontend, mobile and quality engineers.
As a system engineer in this team, you’ll focus on educating the feature teams on how to use DevOps infrastructure, developing new DevOps infrastructure, ideating and implementing shared development tooling, making sure that all teams are aligned with the broader DevOps community in Backbase, and supporting teams who are stuck with infra issues.
Although you won’t work directly with cloud platforms such as AWS (as this is owned by the central R&D DevOps team), you will own all the abstractions built on top of that to make the lives of the teams inside the value stream easier. Here, think about things such as: Kubernetes, Helm Charts, Jenkins pipelines, bash scripts and more efficient use of build tools such as Maven and npm. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.