The job in short
Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales and business development professionals to further grow the Partner and Alliances business. Mid-career professionals can grow their career into senior / director level roles in Alliances, Partner Business Development and/or Sales. Backbase has an innovative, team oriented and ‘can do’ culture. We offer flexible, informal and an exciting working environment with plenty of opportunities to further develop as a professional and as an individual.
Meet the job
As Regional Partner Development Manager, you will have significant impact on the Backbase license growth and success. The role is responsible for the Europe region. The purpose is to drive Backbase expansion across the territory by working with existing Backbase partners and identifying/developing new partner relationships. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through partners as well as growing the partner ecosystem itself. The candidate will therefore proactively work with the Backbase direct sales and Customer Success teams. You will report to the Global Head of Alliances & Partner SalesRegional Partner Director.
- Work closely with Alliances and Sales Management to ensure partner coverage in each Europe territory: Create new partner relationships and activate existing ones. From Strategy and Digital Consulting players to System Integrator and Technology Partners.
- Cultivate future projects and identify new opportunities in partner client base.
- Manage day-to-day business relationship between Backbase and (strategic)regional partners. Communicate consistently with partners throughout the contract lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed to support business development aligned with Alliances Management and Sales Management.
- Support strategy and pipeline management with Regional Sales Directors and confirm partner capabilities prior to deals signed.
- Facilitate partner and Backbase sales team alignment, target account nomination and opportunity planning to drive joint license (Backbase) & service (Partner) wins. Achieve license targets as agreed with respective partners.
- Help partners build (pre-)sales capacity and capability on Backbase Digital Banking Platform.
- Drive training and certification within partner ecosystem in close cooperation with Backbase Academy.
- Identify delivery and competence needs and align with Backbase Customer Success Teams and Academy.
- Track status of sales cycles and implementation projects of partners’ (prospective) customers.
How about you?
- Passion for, and experience in, sales and working with System Integration (SI) and/or strategy & digital consulting partners.
- Smart, consultative: ability to understand partner business drivers and ability to establish buy-in at all levels. From executive leadership and (sales) management to delivery leads and functional/technical architects.
- Bachelor or University degree and look forward to pursuing a career with an international company.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Background in web/marketing agency and/or enterprise software and/or service integrators.
- Ability to influence sales, pre-sales and delivery teams based on partner insights.
- Digital minded and tech savvy.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems.
- Understanding Living of the value of digital and omni-channel.
- High level understanding of the technological landscape of Digital Banking
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written (English, German and preferably another European language).
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written (English).
- Ability to set clear targets and development plans. Set objectives to achieve those targets.