The Backbase Mobile Banking Apps offer banking app solutions to millions of people around the world. As a Mobile QA Engineer you make sure that the consolidated mobile apps are performing optimally on both the Android and iOS platforms. As an individual QA contributor within one of our development teams, you implement the test strategy and our toolset according to the QA Guild guidelines and perform a key role in the continuous delivery of our world-leading digital banking solution to mobile devices.
- Experience writing test scripts capturing all the scenarios which resources-constrained mobile devices may bring
- Hands-on mobile automation testing experience; Espresso & XCTest is preferred, alternatively Appium or SeeTest
- Understanding the SDLC process and its application with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins and GoCD)
- An understanding of exploratory testing and when to apply it
- A proactive approach allowing you to be self-providing and quick learning, in order to mitigate impediments
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
Developing, enhancing and executing tests for both Android and iOS platforms
Developing and maintaining mobile test automation with Espresso for Android and XCTest for iOS
Executing non-functional testing (e.g. performance and accessibility)
Promoting quality assurance in your team by owning the testing process and making quality an important deliverable
Participating in the team by refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
Meeting with the QA Chapter team to share and experiment with new QA standards and techniques
Use your yearly training budget to polish your skills. Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.