The job in short
The Backbase Mobile Banking Apps offer banking app solutions to millions of people around the world. As a Mobile QA Engineer you make sure that the consolidated mobile apps are performing optimally on both the Android and iOS platforms. As an individual QA contributor within one of our development teams, you implement the test strategy and our toolset according to the QA Guild guidelines and perform a key role in the continuous delivery of our world-leading digital banking solution to mobile devices.
Meet the job
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
● Developing, enhancing and executing tests for both Android and iOS platforms;
● Developing and maintaining mobile test automation with Espresso for Android and XCTest for iOS;
● Executing non-functional testing (e.g. performance, accessibility and security);
● Promoting quality assurance in your team by owning the testing process and making quality an important deliverable;
● Participating in the team by refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily stand-ups and retrospectives;
● Meeting with the QA Chapter team to share and experiment with new QA standards and techniques.
How about you?
● You have hands-on mobile automation testing experience using the native test frameworks for Android (Espresso) and iOS (XCTest);
● You have experience writing test scripts capturing the specific limitations of resources-constrained mobile devices;
● You have an understanding of the SDLC process and its application with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins and GoCD);
● You have an understanding of exploratory testing and when to apply it;
● You have a proactive approach allowing you to be self-providing, and quick learner and capable of mitigating impediments;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.