The job in short
Backbase builds innovative, customer-facing fintech applications and services for some of the world’s leading financial institutions. As a Product Owner, you will help shape banking applications in an empowered team of highly skilled software developers, QA engineers and UX designers. We frequently deliver new functionality, closely cooperating with Product Managers, to help realise successful customer implementations by our consultants and partners.
The complexity and nature of the product, combined with the latest technology trends, makes working in R&D at Backbase a great and challenging experience. Your team’s contributions will enhance the capabilities of the Backbase product, directly impacting our global customers and ultimately touching the 70+ million end-users they serve on a daily basis.
Meet the job
As Product Owner, you will lead your own squad as a mini-startup within Backbase. This is a crucial role within the company because you’re in the driver’s seat to help our development teams deliver business value.
The product owner is expected to:
- Analyse customer opportunities and pain points, and translate into a prioritised, well-maintained product backlog.
- Write functional requirements using use case specifications, user stories, flow diagrams, sequence diagrams and acceptance criteria.
- Have the communication and leadership skills to have your team aligned on vision and mission. Define sprint goals and keep the development aligned in delivering value.
How about you?
- You’re a digital native with an entrepreneurial background. Besides this, you know enough tech to talk tech, and enough UX to talk UX. You will have a minimum of three years as a business analyst or product owner in software development.
- You’re eager to take responsibility and contribute to the full delivery life cycle of your squad and are able to work independently in a multicultural and international environment to achieve results. You have the smarts and perseverance to solve complex problems in a pragmatic and efficient way.
- You know how to bring value to an MVP or prototype and iterate to full product. You believe in a lean startup approach to product development that’s focused around a constant cycle of feedback, analysis and optimisation versus going for a ‘big bang’ win.
- Experience in a banking/fintech domain and agile software delivery practices would be seen as strong benefits.