The job in short
As Product Owner, you are responsible for one or more business banking capabilities in our omnichannel Digital Banking platform. It is your job to manage your set of features through the complete product life cycle: from defining new requirements to creating the first prototype, to launching the new features with real customers in production, and taking care of product support and maintenance.
You are a customer-obsessed, and bring a mix of technical, business and UX know-how to your teams. By believing in a Lean startup approach to product development, you stay focused on a constant cycle of feedback and aim to bring the most value to our customers with minimal effort. You strive to help your team members in doing their best work and are empowered by new ideas and creativity.
Meet the job
As Product Owner, you are working in one of the tribes within our Products Department. A Backbase tribe contains multiple squads (Scrum teams), each consisting of 12 people max. You will work with a Development Manager who’s in charge of timely delivery and quality, while you manage what we create, for whom, why and in which priority. Simultaneously, you have to make sure that products and features your squad creates are presented in the most beneficial way: from product demos to presentations and marketing collateral, you are in charge.
Still here? Good! We are glad you know what it means to solve complex, functional and analytical problems, and that you have our customer top of mind. We are also glad you get things done while keeping team members highly productive. You will spend time with our customers to understand their challenges, gathering insights into how to solve problems and deliver new features. You translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements.
How about you?
● You have strong Digital Banking knowledge in the Business Banking domain, and can really act as a Subject Matter Expert on this topic, backed by multiple years of experience working in the digital or IT domain at a bank;
● You are a digital native that knows loads about tech, business, and UX;
● You are familiar with Agile/Lean product development practices, have experience in working with teams using Scrum;
● Keeping the overall picture isn’t a problem for you;
● You are precise and keep a strict eye on data, deadlines, trends, and forecasts;
● You are comfortable leading the pack and guiding them to the light. Issues don’t block you – you either fix them or find a workaround;
● You have proven experience in a client-facing role, we expect you to be able to anticipate and negotiate new or changing requirements;
● You know when it’s time to unleash and grab a beer with your colleagues;
● Needless to say, you are a social person with great communication skills and the talent to motivate people in the right direction.