The job in short
As Product Owner, you’re responsible for the Design System - both internally and externally. It’s your job to manage your set of features through the complete product life cycle: from defining new requirements to creating the first prototype, to launching the new features with real customers, and taking care of product feedback, support and maintenance.
You are a user-obsessed, bringing a mix of strong Design and UI know-how to your teams; plus a good dose of business pragmatism and an eye for detail. By believing in a Lean startup approach to product development, you stay focused on a constant cycle of feedback and aim to bring the most value to our customers with minimal effort. You strive to help your team members in doing their best work and are empowered by new ideas and creativity.
Meet the job
As Product Owner you will be working in our Products Department. The Design System is one of our most important Product streams; breathing life, color and motion into our widget collections, it’s used everywhere from the product creators in R&D, to the Sales teams and designers & developers in our banking customer teams - globally.
You’ll be responsible for these features including the supporting Website, Sketch Kits and training, working with a Development Manager who’s in charge of timely delivery and quality. You manage what we create, for whom, why and in which priority. Simultaneously, you have to make sure that products and features your tribe creates are presented in the most beneficial way: from product demos to presentations and marketing collateral, you’re in charge.
Still here? Good! We’re glad you know what it means to solve complex, functional and analytical problems, and that you have our customer top of mind. We’re also glad you get things done while keeping team members highly productive. You will spend time with our customers to understand their challenges, gathering insights into how to solve problems and deliver new features. You translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements.
How about you?
● You have a strong background in UI/UX. Either you’re a Designer looking to become a Product Owner, or a Product Owner with an expert knowledge of UI/UX. Design System Experience? Even better!;
● You have worked on complex software design and/or projects. We have over 70 components, 50 widgets and 50Mill+ daily users so you’ll like a challenge;
● You are also a great communicator. This is a high-profile product stream so customer interaction, feedback and sales support is frequent;
● Digital Banking experience is not essential, however you’ll need to get across the sector quickly so knowledge of digital transformation and enterprise business is desirable;
● You are a digital native that knows loads about tech, business, and UX;
You are familiar with Agile/Lean product development practices, have experience in working with teams using Scrum;
● Keeping the overall picture isn’t a problem for you;
● You are precise and keep a strict eye on data, deadlines, trends, and forecasts;
● You are comfortable leading the pack and guiding them to the light. Issues don’t block you – you either fix them or find a workaround;
● You have proven experience in a client-facing role, we expect you to be able to anticipate and negotiate new or changing requirements;
● You know when it’s time to unleash and grab a beer with your colleagues;
● Needless to say, you are a social person with great communication skills and the talent to motivate people in the right direction.