Growing end-user demand for choice and flexibility worldwide has made open banking the required modus operandi everywhere. Handled the right way, banks can tap into the open banking marketplace and connect third party services to enhance their own offerings; creating opportunities to retain and grow their customer base. Backbase is on a mission to help our customers accelerate their delivery of an open banking platform that can bring end-users unprecedented convenience and choice, whilst helping achieve compliance with local regulation such as PSD2.
- You are a digital native with an entrepreneurial background. Besides this, you know enough tech to talk tech, and enough UX to talk UX;
- You have the ability to set up a go-to-market strategy and long-term roadmap for our product and involve all stakeholders in the execution of it;
- You prefer executing smart experiments with an outcome focused on challenging assumptions and learning, over personal opinion;
- You are passionate, ambitious and a “go-getter”.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience analyzing, capturing and structuring software product requirements in a Business Analyst or Product Owner/Manager role;
- You are familiar with APIs and software architecture concepts and can collaborate with architects and engineers to solve complex problems in a pragmatic way;
- You are eager to take responsibility and contribute to the full delivery life cycle of your development teams and are able to work independently in a multicultural and international environment to achieve results;
- You know how to bring value to an MVP or prototype and iterate to deliver value to the product;
- You have hands-on experience of agile software delivery practices;
- You can confidently and effectively communicate a technical product to internal and external stakeholders; including go-to-market sales, marketing and the executive team;
- Your working knowledge of open banking, security technologies and associated industry standards/regulations would be seen as a strong benefit;
- Your experience in a banking/fintech domain would also be beneficial.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Product Strategy – you will define and drive our Open Banking product vision together with your product team and internal stakeholders, based on customer / prospect requirements and market developments;
Leadership – you will support, coach & mentor your team through leading by example; ensuring strong team dynamics, true ownership & accountability and actively coaching individual team members on their performance and personal growth;
Product Management – you will align and work with cross-functional teams together with Development Managers; overcoming dependencies smartly and servicing your dependants properly. You'll define squad goals and keep the development aligned in understanding the vision and delivering value. You will communicate requirements using a variety of techniques, including user stories, flow diagrams etc.
Customers – you will establish strong and trusted relationships with customers, internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure we deliver a great product; consistently championing and clarifying our product vision for engineering teams that are executing the Backbase product vision.
You will strongly represent the Backbase product both internally as well as externally, from both an operational level as well as at a strategic level at our customers, prospects and at conferences. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.