The job in short
You will own the Retail Banking product line of the Backbase Digital Banking Platform. You will drive the vision, strategy and foremost: execution. You will lead and inspire the product teams that are driving the retail banking product line. Simultaneously, you will make sure that your product is positioned strongly in a competitive market: from product demos, to presentations and marketing collateral, you're in charge - all the way.
Meet the job
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
● Product Strategy - Defining and driving our retail banking product vision together with your product team and internal stakeholders, based on customer / prospect requirements and market developments;
● Leadership - Support, coach & mentor your product team with product managers and product owners through leading by example; ensuring strong team dynamics, true ownership & accountability and actively coaching individual team members on their performance and personal growth;
● Capacity Planning - Ensuring your tribe has the execution power to deliver on our vision. Driving the recruitment process to get the best talent to join your product line;
● Portfolio Management - Aligning and working with cross-functional teams together with your development manager; overcoming dependencies smartly and servicing your dependants properly;
● Customers - Establishing strong and trusted relationships with customers, internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure we deliver a great product;
● Consistently championing and clarifying our product vision for 10+ engineering teams that are executing the Backbase retail banking product vision across the globe;
● To represent the Backbase product both internally as well as externally, from both an operational level as well as at a strategic level at our customers, prospects and at conferences.
How about you?
● You are customer-obsessed, and bring a mix of technical, business and UX know-how to your teams;
● 10+ years experience in a digital, cross-functional Agile (scale-up) environment, used to manage across different locations & cultures with a strong Product Owner background;
● You have strong digital banking knowledge in the retail banking domain, and can really act as a Subject Matter Expert on this topic, backed by years of experience working in the digital or IT domain at a bank;
● You are excited about the latest technologies, a degree in computer science is of advantage;
● You have a distinctive, strategic mindset and ability to prioritize and delegate high numbers of tasks with varying workload and importance;
● You have the ability to set up a long term strategic roadmap for our product and involve all stakeholders in its execution;
● You are driven and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration;
● You prefer executing smart experiments with an outcome focused on challenging assumptions and learning, over personal opinion;
● You are able to build, manage and inspire a product team that consistently delivers our product roadmap on time and at the highest quality level;
● You are passionate, ambitious and a “go-getter”.