- You have a background in programming, preferably in Java;
- You're not afraid to use CLI based tooling and you have experience in maintaining and troubleshooting Linux based operating systems;
- You don't want to just report the problems but you want to fix them;
- You have strong communication skills allowing you to drive initiatives and decisions inside and outside your team;
- You are experienced with Cloud environments and using desired state configuration to manage this (Terraform is preferred);
- Containerised workloads have no secrets for you;
- You have experience with Kubernetes;
- You have experience working in a regulated environment (SOC2/ISO27001/PCI-DSS);
- You have 3 years of experience in a similar role running workloads on public Cloud;
- AWS Cloud certs are nice to have (SysOps Administrator/ DevOps Engineer).
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
As a Principal System Engineer you design things but you also build them. You're part of the development team and will help lift the product to the next level. Your day to day job will consist of working on the Infrastructure as Code for Backbase as a Service either by contributing PR's yourself or by reviewing the work of others. You'll also get a chance to actively participate in the refining of the architecture as decisions are taken by the team. For our customers that are already running in production you will also be on call (approximately once every six weeks) for which we strive to not trigger any alerts but we'd rather focus on automating responses on events that might happen.
Using your experience you assist in the delivery by being in close contact with our customers (both internal and external) and you help translate their ideas to items on the team backlog. By closely aligning with the Backbase as a Service product manager you help shape the roadmap and manage expectations on the customer's side.
Your growth path within Backbase will allow you to grow from the function of Principal System Engineer to a function as Lead Principal System Engineer in which you can coach colleagues to improve their System Engineering discipline. By coaching colleagues you'll be able to do your work at a larger scale throughout the Backbase organisation improving the system engineering discipline and our product at scale. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.