We are looking for an experienced Principal QA Engineer to strengthen and coach our team. As a QA Engineer, you focus on all aspects of quality, using your DevOps skills to implement repeatable processes with the objective of painless and continuous delivery. Within the QA Chapter, you help drive the roadmap to continually improve our quality processes.
Your automation game is strong. In your role as Principal QA Engineer, you are a sounding board for your peers, coaching both Developers and QA Engineers to understand and adopt best practices in test automation. You are a clear communicator and can explain technical topics, issues and questions to various audiences in a clear and concise way.
You know what motivates your peers and like to share the vision while driving your QA goals in an iterative and agile way. Hands-on automation testing (writing scripts, implementing test suites, building pipelines) is a significant part of your job.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as a QA Engineer;
- Strong experience and understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins or similar);
- Experience with at least one of the Selenium-based testing framework;
- Strong professional experience testing API endpoints, preferably using REST Assured;
- Ready to perform both manual and automation testing;
- You have a rich experience in techniques like Domain-driven design and Lean;
- You are a natural leader, have some experience in leading the team or willingness to lead one;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to bring a vision across and get the commitment to move everyone along;
- Experience in performance testing;
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes;
- Understanding how to build proper testing in a product that comprises different SDKs and toolkits.
Nice to have
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Backbase is a software product organization building a Digital Banking solution ranked world-leading by Gartner. Our Web and Mobile solutions are laying the foundation for digital banking websites and apps used by millions of people around the world. Our QA engineers, either working on the web or Mobile solution, are acting as individual contributors across different squads within our tribes. The tribes are organized according to value streams; each building the digital banking platform for different client-segments.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.