- You have a background in programming, preferably in Java;
- You are proficient in validating and configuring Linux machines;
- You don't want to just report the security problems but you want to fix them;
- You are experienced with Cloud environments and desired state configuration;
- Containerised workloads have no secrets for you;
- You have experience working in a SOC2 or ISO27001 compliant environment and preferably in setting up or maintaining the process around this;
- You perform vulnerability testing, risk analysis and security assessments;
- You analyse security alerts, improve detection capabilities and mitigation capabilities;
- You define and support secure continuous delivery approaches including tooling, automated testing and threat modelling;
- You have strong technical knowledge of Secure Engineering principles;
- You have 3 years of experience in a similar role, Cloud Security Certifications are strongly preferred.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
The Backbase as a Service tribe is continuously busy with improving their product with the motto "You build it, you run it". Striving to have the highest possible uptime, great performance and best in class levels of security. That's quite an ambition and you can't get there without an automation first approach. We pride ourselves on the fact that we don't do manual changes in production and that we automatically validate our environment before deploying. Exactly the same thing should be the case for security, we're not only looking at use cases but also abuse cases. Automated ways of trying to break the system in order to increase security and resiliency.
As a Principal Cloud Security Engineer you design things but you also build them. You're part of the development team and will help lift the product to the next level. Focusing on preventing security issues before they go live but when you find something you don't mind creating a pull request to fix the issue rather than put it on some backlog where it never gets looked at anymore. Instead of taking on all security related activities you coach the team to become more aware of all security related aspects and when needed you chip in on other stories on the backlog as well.
Your development path within Backbase will allow you to grow from the function of Principal Cloud Security Engineer to a function as Cloud Security Architect in which you will help multiple teams improve their security competence. By coaching teams you'll be able to do your work at a larger scale throughout the Backbase organisation improving the overall security of our product.apply now
Use your yearly training budget to polish your skills. Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.