- You have a solid background in software development, design and architectural patterns;
- You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
- Your experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
- You have experience with Java, Spring, Maven, JPA, Hibernate, CI and CD;
- You have strong experience with microservices;
- You are experienced in Cloud-native deployments and traditional application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat);
- You are knowledgeable of relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL);
- You have good understanding of non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability, etc.;
- Being a Full-Stack developer is a huge advantage;
- You have a solid understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns;
- You know what "perfection" looks like in a given context and you can formulate a plan to achieve the desired state;
- You have experience as a technical leader.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
This role is part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary product team in R&D. As part of the team, you will contribute to new and existing functionalities, proof of concepts, and technical improvements that will be implemented in the Retail Banking domain of the Digital Banking Platform. Your specific focus will be Payment Capabilities, but ultimately you would also be expected to contribute to the delivery of other capabilities within the Retail Banking domain.
Backbase provides a modern software solution developed in microservices architecture, ensuring financial institutions can build on the top of cutting-edge technology. As such, many modern principles have been adopted such as continuous integration and delivery. We have also adopted Agile practices that contribute to rapid delivery, with decisions being driven out of the team with autonomy rather than top down.
The underlying technology runs on the best of breed technology available today such as Spring Boot, coupled with our own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Our technology drives solutions in a variety of ways for customers, from Cloud-native, globally scaled deployments to on-premise managed application servers, demanding smart thinking and innovative solutions from our people. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.