Your goal is to seamlessly integrate the Backbase platform into our customers’ systems and lead/manage our team of Backend engineers. During projects, you take on the expert role for anything related to the backend and bring home components that can be reused or developed further.
- You have a solid background in software development, design and architectural patterns;
- You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
- Your experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
- You have experience with Java, Spring, Maven, Docker, CI and CD;
- You have strong experience with microservices;
- You are experienced in Cloud-native deployments (AWS, Azure, OpenShift, Kubernetes) and traditional application servers (Tomcat);
- You are knowledgeable of relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL);
- You have good understanding of non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability, etc.;
- You have experience using tracing and monitoring tools (e.g., Zipkin, Prometheus/Grafana) to debug performance issues on non-local deployments;
- You have a good understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns;
- You know what "perfection" looks like in a given context and you can formulate a plan to achieve the desired state;
- You have experience as a technical leader and line manager.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Backbase provides a modern software solution developed in the microservices architecture, ensuring financial institutions can build on the top of cutting-edge technology. As such, many modern principles have been adopted such as continuous integration and delivery. We have also adopted Agile practices that contribute to rapid delivery, with decisions being driven out of the team with autonomy rather than top down.
Our solutions are built as microservices using Java, OpenAPI, and Spring Boot and deployed on various internal and public cloud environments using Kubernetes/Helm/Docker, coupled with our own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Our technology drives solutions in a variety of ways for customers, from Cloud-native, globally scaled deployments to on-premise managed application servers, demanding smart thinking and innovative solutions from our people. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.