The job in short
At Backbase we are creators. We strive to produce superior experiences that push the boundaries. Together, we never give up, we have fun, and we feel proud delivering our vision. Next day – we wake up, make things happen, and raise the bar even higher. Are you up for the challenge?
Meet the job
As a Junior UI Designer in the Solutions Engineering team, you will help our prospects and customers imagine the possibilities of our pioneering Digital Banking Platform. You will work alongside a kick-ass team of Senior Designers, Developers, and Engineers to produce experiences that inspire our potential customers across the world.
As part of your agile team, you will create User Interfaces and Prototypes that showcase the very best of our award-winning Fintech Products. You will contribute to workshops, planning, and retrospectives – working collaboratively to overcome challenges and find solutions.
You will take responsibility for the quality of your own Designs, learning how to use patterns and components from the Backbase Design System to standardize wherever possible. You will become an active member of the UX Design guild, where you have the opportunity to be part of the wider Design Community at Backbase.
How about you?
• Bachelor or Masters-level degree in one of the following; Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Digital Product Design, Human Factors
• Up to 2 years of experience in digital/interactive design roles
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Strong knowledge and professional working experience with Sketch and libraries
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience creating Designs that adhere to Brand Guidelines
• Understanding of Design Systems and UX Principles
• Ability to work independently and be self-organized
• Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
• Motion Design (using Principle, After Effects and other related motion software)