The job in short
Develop high throughput data streams connecting our customers Core Banking systems to state-of-the-art Backbase Digital Banking Services.
Meet the job
This role is part of a Backbase Research and Innovation team. The R&I team operates as an incubator for new technology to be used in enterprise software and is constantly looking at how customers are using our own software and how with innovative solutions provide real value to Backbase and our Customers.
As part of this team, you will work on connecting real world systems into our DBS services by developing reusable connectors and SDKs. Due to the plethora of technologies in use at our customers, you will have a challenging environment around you where you gain lots of experience in different technologies.
The underlying technology runs on the best of breed technology available today such as Spring Boot and Kubernetes, coupled with our own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Next to best of breed technology available today, at R&I we are also working with best of breed technology available tomorrow allowing us to create true polyglot solutions using the right tool for the right job.
How about you?
● You have finished a BSc or Master in Software Engineering;
● You have experience with Java or other backend technologies such as Python, Go or NodeJS;
● You go beyond “Hello World”;
● You know how to work with Git;
● You have experience with Kubernetes & Docker;
● You are eager to learn about new tech and like to think on how to apply in the real world;
● You know what CICD stands for and know how to operate it;
● You know how to run what you build;
● You have good communication skills in English.
Unfortunately for this position we are not able to offer relocation. Only candidates that are currently based in the Netherlands and hold a valid work permit will be considered.