The job in short
Backbase is a leading provider of digital banking solutions that are used by millions of users around the world, so the apps and programs that we use internally should also be held to the best standard. You will help us stay ahead of the tech curve, and design an optimal IT experience for our people.
Meet the job
Our people want to be able to access services at any time, in any location, and on any device.
The apps we use at work should be as simple and as easy-to-use as consumer apps. It will be up to you to drive innovation within IT and transform the way we work with digital products.
You’ll also always be hands-on to solve any IT-related issues, whether it’s an outage or a security breach. You will implement sound strategies, build a solid scalable infrastructure, run IT projects within time, budget with high-quality standards and lead a team with the technical expertise to support the business. And in our case, the business includes a large set of engineers that either develop or implement our digital banking platform.
How about you?
IT operations is your middle name.
Ideally, you’ll know everything you need to know about designing a true end-to-end automation pipeline, vulnerability management, forecasting for capacity, ensuring security best practices, lifecycle management, monitoring & alerting systems, service desk, Disaster recovery and performance.
You know how to work closely with Security, Audit and Compliance and you are familiar with adhering to ISO 27001 and other best practice standards as part of maintaining secure global operations.
Besides being IT-savvy, you also have the organizational and interpersonal skills to lead a successful team and act on a strategic level.
• Operating systems: Deep understanding of MacOS, Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Networking: Cisco routing and switching technologies, including ASA/ISR devices, site-to-site VPN technologies, static/dynamic routing, ACLs, NAT and NextGen firewalls.
• Identity management: Active Directory, multi-factor authentication, GSuite, SAML, Radius, Kerberos, PKI and third-party application integration.
• Management and automation tooling: group policy, PowerShell, WDS, WSUS, JAMF, Bash, Ansible and Puppet.
• Monitoring technologies; Zabbix.
• Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle.
• Virtualisation: VMware vSphere 5 and 6, VDP, vMotion, Veeam.
• Storage technologies such as SAN/NAS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, RAID, LUN management.
• AWS cloud infrastructure.
• IManaged Applications: Atlassian Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Data Center.