The job in short
An excellent opportunity for an IT / commercial lawyer to work at Backbase, a fast growing software company from The Netherlands with several offices in the US and Canada and its US HQ in Atlanta, Georgia.
Backbase is an innovative high-growth Fintech company in scale up mode. Our growth brings new opportunities and challenges, that’s why we are looking for a smart and experienced IT / commercial lawyer.
Meet the job
You will be one of the in-house legal counsels in the US. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsels and working closely with the CFO, based in Amsterdam. You support the US business with assisting contract negotiations, mainly with prospective customers and reselling partners, assessing legal risks and providing general advice to the business. As reselling is a relatively new business proposition, investigation, implementation and continuous improvement of the related templates, risk assessment and legal processes will be part of the role.
How about you?
● LLM and/or Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school;
● Admission to the bar in at least one US state;
● At least 5 years of PQE, preferably with in-house experience;
● Experience in and affinity with the IT / software / technology industry;
● Additional benefit if you have experience in the financial industry
● Proven excellent contract drafting and negotiating skills in English;
● Business and result oriented with hands-on and flexible attitude;
● Ability to work autonomously and interact with all levels of business;
● Motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong analytical, issue-spotting and investigatory skills;
● Service minded self-starter with ability to work independently with great communication and interpersonal skills.