The job in short
HR at Backbase is about building the organization, maintaining relationships and empowering people and organization.
Meet the job
As HR Manager you take pride in shaping and professionalizing the global HR strategy for Backbase to the next level. You want to make a difference and strive for continuous improvement. You are a service minded problem solver and use data to influence your stakeholders and to define actions. As a champion of Backbase’s culture and values, you work together with our business leaders to help them build an inspiring and challenging work environment for their people. The position will be based in Amsterdam.
You will lead and mentor the global HR team consisting of 6 professionals (Payroll, People Operations, People Partners). With your hands-on attitude as well as your knowledge on all HR aspects, you will build the foundation for stable and compliant HR delivery (process documentation, controls, legal requirements, payroll, global expansion, etc.) as well as drive additional business value by introducing more strategic topics like employee experience, HR analytics, talent management, organizational development, etc.
This is a hands-on position for an experienced HR Manager with a background in a fast growing environment.
As HR Manager we expect you to:
- Guide, inspire and mentor the Management and HR Team
- Execute a global HR vision, mission and strategy
- Give HR legal advice on perm, temp and remote staff in NL and other countries
- Focus on employee retention and employee experience programs
- Lead and advice on HR and Payroll/C&B topics like pensions, employee insurance, WGA-ERD, subsidies
- Monitor and improve HR and payroll processes and quality
- Monitor and improve HR and payroll metrics
How about you?
You are down to earth and full of energy. You are familiar with Dutch and global HR legislation and institutions. Besides this you are comfortable working with expats and experienced in working for remote offices. You tick all below boxes:
- Minimum of 10 years HR experience in an international, fast growing (ICT) environment;
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading a team;
- Able to act as a strategic business partner and and experienced in topics like organizational design, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, coaching and development, or talent management;
- Able to build trusting relationships;
- Understand the end-to-end HR processes (how we onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work);
- Proven experience with HR & legal topics, pensions and employee insurance;
- Proven experience with employer insurance and global employee benefits;
- Respect the importance of confidentiality;
- Fluent communication in English and ideally Dutch.