The job in short
Backbase is a fast-growing FinTech software company. We have customers on all continents, work with professionals in countries around the world and have offices in 5 of the 7 continents in the world.
We are looking for an HR Director to shape and run a progressive, professional, and fun people function for Backbase.
Meet the job
As HR Director you take pride in shaping and professionalizing the global HR strategy for Backbase. You want to make a difference and strive for continuous improvement. You serve as a strategic business partner to ensure that our employees and people managers have guidance, development and experiences to maintain Backbase’s reputation as an amazing place to work.
With your hands-on attitude as well as your knowledge on all HR aspects, you will build the foundation for stable and compliant HR delivery (legal requirements, payroll, global expansion, etc.) as well as drive additional business value by introducing more strategic topics like employee experience, HR analytics, etc.
At Backbase, we do not get bogged down in process and compliance. We would rather focus on innovation and simplicity.
You will report to the CFO and will be based in Amsterdam.
● Execute a global HR vision, mission and strategy;
● Guide, inspire and mentor the HR team. Your direct reports are the HR Operations manager (who is leading a team of 5 FTE for HR Ops and Payroll) and 3 HR Business Partners;
● Give HR advice on perm, temp and remote staff in NL, UK, USA, Canada, Singapore and other countries;
● Lead and advice on Compensation & Benefits topics like pensions, employee insurance, WGA-ERD, subsidies;
● Lead and advice on immigration and relocation of expats;
● Monitor and improve HR and payroll processes and quality;
● Provide data and metrics related to our employees to leadership;
● Focus on employee retention and employee experience programs (e.g. Training & Development, Career paths);
● Collaborate with the business to develop and implement a service-oriented strategy to ensure our employees enjoy a seamless experience;
● Partner with the business and other Business Support teams (e.g. Finance and Legal) to understand regulatory requirements to keep us in check;
● Work cross-functionally to help Backbase scale quickly and efficiently without unnecessarily relying on process and rules to achieve this goal.
How about you?
● You have a minimum of 10 years HR experience in an international, fast-growing (ICT) environment;
● You have a minimum of 7 years experience leading a team;
● You have broad international HR experience preferably in a rapidly scaling ambiguous environment;
● You have the ability to think strategically and implement effectively;
● You have exposure to employment regulations across countries and while not being the expert, knowing the right questions to ask at the right time;
● You have an Agile mindset and works in co-creation with the business;
● You have proven ability to influence at all levels;
● You have a strong business and financial acumen;
● You have a strong leadership style and can-do mindset;
● You communicate fluently in English and Dutch.