- Passion for, and experience in, sales and working with System Integration (SI) and/or (Strategy & Digital) Consulting partners;
- Good network and understanding of FS/ Banking;
- Smart, consultative: ability to understand partner business drivers and ability to establish buy-in at all levels. From executive leadership and (sales) management to delivery leads and functional/technical architects;
- Compelling presentation style to boost the Backbase profile at wide partner audiences: Strong sense of confidence, and clear point of view or in-depth knowledge on your digital banking subject;
- Bachelor or University degree and look forward to pursuing a career with an international company;
- 8 – 12 years of relevant experience;
- Background in web/marketing agency and/or enterprise software;
- Demonstrated success in managing executive relationships with partners and/or customers;
- Ability to influence sales, pre-sales and delivery teams based on partner insights;
- Digital minded and tech savvy;
- Understanding of partner ecosystems;
- Understanding of the value of digital and omni-channel;
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written (English);
- Ability to set clear targets and development plans. Set objectives to achieve those targets.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales and business development professionals to further grow the Partner and Alliances business. Senior members of staff can grow to senior management or executive level roles within (Partner & Alliances) Sales. Backbase has an innovative, team oriented and ‘can do’ culture. We offer flexible, informal and an exciting working environment with plenty of opportunities to further develop as a professional and as an individual.
As the Global Alliance Manager for GSIs & Consulting Partners, the goal is to achieve significant impact on the Backbase license growth and customer success. You conduct business development on strategic, executive levels and oversee execution through the regional partner development and direct sales teams. You will report to the Global Head of Alliances & Partner Business. The Global Alliance Manager will be responsible for creating new alliance engagements, and will bring existing alliances to a strategic level.
As the market continues to shift toward digital and experience-led transformation, Backbase sees this as a key opportunity to partner with leading consulting partners (e.g. McKinsey, Deloitte Digital, PwC, EY, Capco, etc.) to create joint offerings to support clients in this digital ecosystem.
Creating innovative, industrialized offerings for the alliances to go to market with. Craft solutions with pre-sales / solution engineering teams upon partners’ bank processes, digital methodologies and services with Backbase as underlying enabling technology. Manage day-to-day business relationship between Backbase and its strategic alliances. Communicate consistently with partners throughout the contract lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed to support business development aligned with Alliances, Customer Success and Sales Management. Evengelize Backbase at partner events. From internal events (i.e. Global Sales Kick-Offs and Executive Committees) to partners’ external customer-facing events. Create collateral to sustain Backbase’s category leadership in digital banking. Work closely with Regional Partner Management and Regional Sales Management to ensure coverage and execution in each target region. Cultivate future projects and identify new opportunities in partner client base. Facilitate alliance and Backbase sales team alignment, target account nomination and opportunity planning to drive joint license (Backbase) & service (Partner) wins. Achieve license & service targets as agreed with respective partners. Support strategy and pipeline management with Regional Business Development Managers and confirm partner capabilities prior to deals signed. Help partners build (pre-)sales capacity and capability on Backbase Digital Banking Platform. Drive training and certification within partner ecosystem in close cooperation with Backbase Academy. Identify delivery and competence needs and align with Backbase Customer Success Teams and Academy. Track status of sales cycles and implementation projects of partners’ (prospective) customers.apply now
Use your yearly training budget to polish your skills. Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.