The job in short
As the QA Engineer, you ensure the Digital Banking solution we are delivering is operating at optimum performance. Your focus stretches to the full stack of the application: the WebUI, the Web Services and the non-functional performance. As an individual QA contributor within one of our full stack development teams, you implement the test strategy and our toolset. You perform a key role in the continuous delivery of our world-leading Digital Banking solution.
Meet the job
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
● Developing, enhancing and executing manual and automated functional tests using Protractor and REST Assured;
● Executing non-functional (e.g. performance, scalability and security) tests;
● Promoting quality assurance in your team by owning the testing process and making quality an important deliverable;
● Participating in the team by refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily stand-ups and retrospectives;
● Meeting with the QA Gild team to share and experiment with new QA standards and techniques.
How about you?
● You are an experienced QA Engineer with strong hands-on testing experience in one of the following: backend, frontend, mobile;
● Web services knowledge and understanding (preferably REST);
● You have experience with test automation in one of the following: Web UI, Web services, mobile;
● You have experience with creating/maintaining test automation frameworks (preferably Protractor, REST Assured, and for Mobile Espresso, XCTest);
● You understand the SDLC process and its application via continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins and GoCD);
● You have an understanding of exploratory testing and when to apply it;
● You can promote and drive the testing process in the team to ensure product quality;
● You take, are self-providing, flexible and can learn quickly;
● You have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.