You are responsible for a healthy and happy team that delivers what they promise in our monthly release heartbeat. You make sure that the team is properly staffed, has a clear product plan and delivers good quality software, including all the non-functionals (security, performance, maintainability, reliability, etc.)
You actively drive the team to get feedback from all stakeholders across Backbase and where needed you will take action. You are responsible for and help the team set out the strategic direction and are an instrumental facilitator in reaching the goals we set out to accomplish.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Software Delivery Manager / Development Manager / Project Manager / Release Manager in complex software projects (software products or “as a service”). Banking, Payments and SaaS experience are a plus. However, a can-do mentality is of more importance than many years of experience;
- You are street smart and digital savvy. A true team player with a sense of humor, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines;
- You have excellent English speaking, writing and presentation skills, as well as a strong ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others. You easily navigate stakeholders across Backbase, from 1-to-1s with your team members to working directly with senior leadership;
- You have solid prior career experience as a software engineer, giving you sufficient technology skills to interact with your technical colleagues;
- You drive the delivery within the squad so that we can meet our commitments;
- You have strong project management skills and the ability to act decisively. Comfortable working across departments, time zones and multiple cultures;
- You are a high energy team player, positive and passionate about helping others succeed;
- You are a natural coach, through effective questioning you guide self-evaluation of performance, help our teams diagnose areas for improvement and own the solution. You will be measured on team output and employee happiness;
- You have solid experience with Agile software development, including continuous integration, automated testing, and applicable tooling such as Jira, Git, etc.;
- You have experience in growing and leading a team of up to 15 engineers, implementing hiring and training strategies;
- You have the ability to prioritize and plan effectively with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and in ambiguity. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible and adaptable to growth and change;
- You naturally collaborate and generate a positive spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups within a team environment;
- You have the courage to learn and to share your learning process with us.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Team & People Management - You will day-to-day manage a cross-functional team of 10+ software engineers and designers. You will facilitate their learning goals, regularly meet to track progress and create a strong, cohesive team culture in line with our Backbase Values.
Stakeholder Management - You will build a strong network of relationships within Backbase to ensure you’re always aware of the latest developments in both Product as well as Sales. You will collaborate with our Product Owner to inform our stakeholders appropriately and run the monthly board meetings. You will ensure there is a culture of sharing feedback with the appropriate teams, and follow-up to make sure we close the loop and drive positive progress.
Celebrations - You understand the importance of decompressing and building social cohesion in the team, and know when to celebrate milestones, small or big, individual or at team level. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.