Backbase is growing our global Marketing team and we are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated, and creative Director PR & Communications to drive our Global PR and Communications to the next level. This high-impact and high-visibility role is responsible for developing and evolving Backbase’s global PR positioning, strategy and execution, as well as empowering our regions.
As the leader for PR & Communications in Backbase, you bring deep FinTech industry insight, expertise and opinion, combined with powerful storytelling skills to evangelize the Backbase POV globally.
You are a strong, opinionated voice in the FinTech space and are able to use your knowledge to anticipate and prepare for forthcoming trends in our space – ensuring Backbase can hijack the news with them and get the right exposure, while telling a consistent story.
You bring deep FinTech industry insight, expertise and opinion, combined with powerful storytelling skills. You are a strong, opinionated voice in the FinTech space and are able to use your knowledge to anticipate and prepare for forthcoming trends in our space. As a plus, you’re already active as a thought leader in the FinTech domain and have a strong network of influencer peers and media relationships.
You must have high judgement, excellent communication skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, strong project management ability and a talent for effectively, proactively engaging with stakeholders. You will also have experience of working to high standards under tight deadlines, and be flexible in managing ambiguity as priorities change.
If you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company that’s disrupting the industry by building transformative technology, join our team and play a pivotal role in developing the future of fintech.
- You have 8+ years of public relations / corporate communications experience within fast-paced Tech, Fintech or Payment companies;
- You have a Bachelor / Master in in Journalism, Communication or Media;
- You bring a deep understanding of the FinTech industry and/or B2B enterprise software space;
- You have experience with developing and executing global communication / public relation strategies;
- You have experience in Influencer Marketing programs;
- You have excellent communications and content writing, proofreading and editing skills with an eye for detail;
- You have experience running high impact public relations and media engagements that move the needle;
- You have experience developing compelling stories and content that supports a strong point of view;
- You are street smart and digital savvy. Proven to be able to do more with less. A true team player, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines;
- You think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it;
- You know how to “own the room” when you represent Backbase while being your authentic self in how you motivate and influence others;
- You have the ability to keep a calm head under pressure with a can-do, solution-focused attitude;
- You thrive on working in a fast-paced environment; comfortable working on multiple projects in multiple time zones, while collaborating with multiple cultures;
- You have excellent English speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Fintech storyteller – Backbase POV / impact on the industry / what’s next and how BB will lead the way
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.